Friday, January 12, 2007

Icy Day

I had lunch plans today with my friends Brian, Brent, and Ben. However, we got a lot of ice and I realized that I needed to go get my son from Lee's Summit as soon as possible. So I had to cancel unfortunately.

I am so thankful that I am home now and safe with my son. On the drive to Lee's Summit from Overland park, I skidded down a hill. Another car behind me was doing the same thing. Thankfully, he stopped in enough time to not crash into me. And this was just the start of my 2 hour ordeal.

I was on pins and needles the whole drive. In all I counted 22 cars and a big rig truck that were involved in some type of accident. I was just praying to get to Lee's Summit, pick up my son, and get back to Olathe safely. I was so releived once I got home. I never felt better to be home. With the weather forecast for the weekend, I think that I will just stay home and enjoy my son's company.

No comments: